Saturday, July 14, 2007

Mango Toasted Coconut Cheesecake


I like islands, Many forms of them. Yes, I know. No man is an island, But we are at times just that. Perhaps , floating islands but that is another painting altogether. One of my dreams is to visit Capri, pick lemons from overhead and sip Lemoncello on a private terrace with a friend. My good friend, Shelley has an island home in St. John. When she is there she says she wakes up happy everyday. Light abounds, it is warm ( very important if you know her) and there there are beautiful things to paint. That is when she and her husband Chris are not out looking for more real estate. I like to think of them there, the frolicking blonds.They deserve happy. We all do. So when I saw this little bit of exotic cheesecake, off I went, to Capri, to the Caribbean and to my thoughts of sipping cool beverages and enjoying everyday as the breeze( there's always a breeze) tickled my senses. My brush played along.

No comments: