Saturday, July 14, 2007

So Many Treats, So Little Time

One of the things that intrigues me in painting is light play. Form yes, but it is the light that draws me in most of the time. These petits fours are soaked in it. The light bounces off the white even in the shadows. My brush and I are definitely in a happy place. One of the missions of this experiment is for me to become as relaxed and dexterous with oil color and light as I am with those same things in watercolor. I have spent the past many years exploring the wetlands, responding to the light and the specialness there. I would then go back into my studio and create massive watercolor landscapes. My goal was to create the impact of a rich and nurturing place that is so essential to us all. I can make watercolor sparkle, sing, dance, impact the viewer. Can I do it in oil? Well, here 's maybe a little start. After all, treats are essential too. Especially now. Carpe Diem.

No comments: