Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Parade of Tarts

I had to laugh after I named this one. It wasn't intentional. We are a product of our environment. I have a full bakers dozen of these little treats to play with. I wanted to loosen up a bit so maybe the name is appropriate. One of the challenges in working in series is to explore with fresh eyes every time. I have been taught also by one of the greatest living artists of our time, John Scott, to play with randomness. To truly engage your senses freshly with whatever comes your way. Can I do this? How would it be to use that here? What makes this pop? It is the engagement you see, the ever exploring artistic mind at work. The painting is the result of tracks one makes while engaged in professional play. If you do it right some times the wonder of it all comes through.

No comments: