Monday, November 3, 2008

Art By Committee

At this very moment, my editorial staff is undecided on what should actually be the 3 Most Important Tasks this week. I think it is a sugar hangover from all that trick or treating this past weekend and the parties...and that time change. And I am thinking while they wrestle over the concept, I will just do a Dave Allen today and start with the first thing , then the second, then the next and so on until that pile on my desk is reduced to a memory. Never mind my inbox. Sheesh. Working on it.

By the time I reach the real surface to the desk, a clear order will also appear. Yep, another one of those not quite my routine weekends has just passed. Better though, I actually got through some of the newspaper. And I got some new market research info for Dallas, some leads, mingled a bit. So I need to hit that desk hard this morning before I can get to the painting. And the staff is needing more tea. They were planning a field trip for Friday last time I popped in. Tut is in town you know.

So art is by committee this week....demands are in many directions, other people involved. But my core tasks, those will fall right into place, just as soon as I clear some space. No, Brush, do NOT give staff donuts. Get them through the agenda and put them back on the shelf. Wind them up again and we'll never get done.

How do you manage that committee in your head? Get it all put into form. I need quiet, do you?

3 comments:

A Brush with Color said...

I feel this way--demands sure ARE from many directions this week. And no good computer connections, either. Hope all your plans go smoothly for you!

Janice C. Cartier said...

I checked horoscopes and had to laugh.... uneasy was one word used...sending you good wishes, computer ot no. ;-)

Janice C. Cartier said...

or, that is an "or". Some weeks are just..uh, bumpy.