Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A Rising Tide Lifts All Boats

I would like to congratulate our new President Elect. Not my candidate, but nevertheless a man I can respect and wish well. Two more gracious candidates, I can't recall. Honor was the theme of my candidate's concession speech. Hope and willingness to do what needs to be done, the theme of the winner's. Historic is the understatement, no matter how this came out. The bridge between them is not a long one, but one that we must all be willing to cross. Because a rising tide lifts all boats. And that my friends is not a bad thing at all.

So here, here is a painting of mine called 'Big Chief" to send out my best wishes. I look forward to seeing what we all can do. And hey, the girls get a puppy to take with them to the White House. How fun is that? Now if we could just get a civil media....Nah, that would be asking too much. Have you noticed already they have been saying that the promise is impossible to fill? Bah, I say to them.

5 comments:

Parisbreakfasts said...

A puppie...sigh
I could/would behave for a puppie so easily, even give up macarons...
Yes they both behaved graciously.
Obama has been steadfast through it all and I think he'll be a good captain.
The media have to have something to write about-what better than to sew doubt.

Janice C. Cartier said...

I think we'll all be fine.

Although a puppy AND a macaron....that is sounding kind of good.

Bet the papers in Paris are absolutely gleeful. ;-)

Parisbreakfasts said...

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=96648705
Worth listening to...
No, the Paris papers are not about being gleeful.
It's about relief.

Unknown said...

Jan that's a lovely image/metaphor.

I thought McCain's concession speech was in some ways more noteworthy than the acceptance speech. It was a sign of a big man, and he was very clearly signalling the importance of working together.

It's one of the things that seems so dreadful over here - how divisive the campaigns can become and yet how close the votes really are and how much your country needs everyone to work together after it's over.

I hope others follow your wise approach.

Joanna

Janice C. Cartier said...

Joanna- Oh thank you. It's a favorite painting and an old saying actually.
I am so glad others appreciate the character of a graceful man of honor.
It' s nuts how the whole circus gets so out there. But we do get a say. Far better than some spots I am afraid.