Friday, June 22, 2007

Mexican Chocolate Bread Pudding


O-lay. Who knew? I had to paint this party in a bowl. Or should I say fiesta?It just said light and air and oozed rich chocolate sauce when warmed.Paint and anticipation built at the same time. I've spent a large part of the past year in Santa Fe, one of my heart homes, so I could not pass this up. It has a kick, not from rum, but cinnamon. It has sweetness, not from raisins, but chocolate and sugar. Not Commander's, but way good too.I have been adding a few words of Spanish to my vocabulary. My path has taken me out west. It's an easy trade that nets a smile or two on both sides of the conversation. When I lived in Italy same thing. Bread is bread all over the world,but look at the change it takes as we travel a bit. So go global. Pick up a few words in a language you didn't grow up with and watch for smiles. Now where are the Patron Margaritas, cher?

No comments: