Friday, May 2, 2008

The Function of Form



Although form is technically mass and volume (the painting as a whole), here representation of form is essential...as navigation.



Clues and ticklers. Not too much, Just enough. To guide you through.



Look at the important edges where two forms kiss. The meeting of some edges. That's where I'll be working next, to make this painting "pop." Just some chosen ones. Ones that serve the whole.

We're creating a zen garden. A place to meditate. So the path of kisses will lead to timelessness.

A nod to Naughty Friday? Oh yes...find another human form and plant some kisses of your own. Why? Because I said so. And besides art and life should always intertwine. (Yes, I see that...and I'm not taking it out. Embrace it. Make me smile.)

5 comments:

Parisbreakfasts said...

Very naughty indeedy-do!
And a bit of molecular science thrown into the delicious mix.
Zen gardener lead me on.

Janice C. Cartier said...

Ha! It's Friday afterall. :)

Anonymous said...

Garden of Zen. A clean mind at peace. I will give Ginger kisses, and receive several in return, have a glass of wine, watch a movie, and be grateful.
Good night ladies.

Janice C. Cartier said...

Love it. Good night. :)

Parisbreakfasts said...

HA!
You influenced me again!!
I'm in the Zen Garden too..
Well literally in fact.
More zen rocks and stones please.