Thursday, August 28, 2008

Send More Godiva

I need more chocolate. That list is a task master. I will be in studio mode for the rest of the afternoon sketching and making choices...but I think I'll need more chocolate. My list said pick 10 "possibles" for the 22" x 30"s AND sketch them. Do you see all the little purple and aqua flags flying here in these sketchbooks? I have narrowed it down to 30 or more, "ooh that would be good's". And for tomorrow I need 20 small line drawings for the wash studies. And there's all the other stuff too. Who suggested these numbers? Who?

Uh, I guess that was me, and Dave... And I think Alex chimed in. Hmph. My muse is saying, oh you can do it. You've done it before. Well, okay, but that Godiva is running low, we need a little bit more. "Come on Jan, it's drawing, you love that." Hm, that's true. I'll enjoy it once I get started, forget this lack of sleep. Gotta get the grace under pressure going. Yes, there you go. That's the spirit. But today, today I am thinking grace, is spelled liked this: G-O-D-I-V-A. Yeah, the grace of champions. That's what I am talking about.

Brush is saying, for sure... the good stuff. His guild is very picky. We'll ration this for now...a little hardship is not a new thing. Come on Brush, boots on, grab Pencil... we WILL work that list, after all tomorrow IS Naughty Friday. Surely we can make it to then.

How's your week going?

6 comments:

A Brush with Color said...

My week feels like it's going nowhere compared to yours. Sounds excruciating! Is this work you're laying out here in these lists of to-do's, or is it "work that's good for your soul?!" Good luck!

Janice C. Cartier said...

This is studio work only which in the end is good for my soul. It's funny how the very week I decide to push the numbers, all manner of chaos ensues. What is up with that? At least I am further than I was. ;-)

Coming to see you.

Parisbreakfasts said...

Yes the To-do list is very impressive...
I need that paper.
In the choco arena you can do better than Godiva...consultations welcome at all times, especially late at night.

Anonymous said...

Good luck! I can't wait to hear how many you got done. Even if you didn't reach 20, committing yourself to action I'm sure was super-rewarding (even if the chocolate was running low).

Cheers,
Alex

Janice C. Cartier said...

PB- I could like anything on this page too. Especially is world origins sampling pack. That looks yummy ;-)

http://www.worldwidechocolate.com/shop_cluizel_bars.html

Or Valrhona, or ...

Janice C. Cartier said...

Oh Alex- This list needs some numbers adjustment. Look at Friday's post. :-)