Friday, August 15, 2008

Week's End

Gentle rain drops woke me up. The ceiling fan is rustling hand made paper. Brush and Pencil are still yawning, tea is not yet made. It's a nice day to be cocooned in quiet. Softly sketching all day long.

Today, I'd like to be quiet. Let the drawings come. It's raining harder now. The downspouts run like streams. I have to smile, wetlands in Dallas are coming from the sky. There's a creek just down the hill, by a little bridge. Maybe I'll walk down later to see what washes by.

New pieces are mapped out. Ideas are flowing, thanks to beginner's mind. The three things I set out to do this week, I did. But the rain has made me dreamy. It's patting out it's rhythms on the roof. I wish that you could hear it.

Here is what I am thinking: How could I have forgotten to love what I love so much? I love to draw. But I have saved the drawings for myself. Part of what I do. Now, I plan to do some for exhibition and for sale. And that feels...exciting... and scary. Drawings are intimate. Directly felt. It is akin to opening up love letters for public view. But, we are going there.

Sometimes our private loves are essential to our wholeness. Hold them in your heart. But some of them we can share--like a poem. Soft caresses over paper like rain drops quenching a passionate thirst. Today I will be smiling as I draw. Gentle rain drops woke me up this morning. Made me think of love.

Well, it IS Naughty Friday. Go on. Love something passionately. I dare you.

6 comments:

PĂ©riblog - William Lesourd said...

This was a really pleasant read. Very finely expressed.
Here it's Saturday. I missed out on the naughty Friday, I am afraid...

Janice C. Cartier said...

William-You are French. You can do this any day of the week. ;-)

Parisbreakfasts said...

rhythms on the roof.
I wish that you could hear it....
Aw but I do!
Lovely writing Jan
I can see, hear, touch, feel your delight.
You're an inspiration!
BIG MERCI :)

Janice C. Cartier said...

PB- Then I am doing something right. :-)

Thank you.

I am enjoying your "love letter" paintings so very, very much.

Anonymous said...

Very poetic writing here! Love it!

Janice C. Cartier said...

Thanks Evelyn. I got a bit of email on it too. : ) Glad that you enjoy it.