Monday, June 9, 2008

A 2 Minute Question

What can you do in 2 minutes?

I can draw a complete nude figure.

Or do the thumbnail for a painting.

Some things take longer.

I read this this weekend in Eckhardt Tolle's A New Earth. It's about reconciling inner and outer purposes:

By realizing that your your entire life journey ultimately consists of the step you are taking at the moment. There is always only this one step, and so you give it your fullest attention. It doesn't mean you don't know where you are going; it just means this step is primary, the destination is secondary.

He also said that we cannot manifest something that is not within us, something we do not already own.

Yes, it was a bit of a contemplative Sunday. My 2 minutes seem very important to me now. Not that they weren't before, but they seem like larger resources. So I thought this week would be a very good test to see what could be made of them. In Dave Allen's Get It Done, he is very keen on 2 minute chunks of time. I have some pretty hefty things to accomplish and a September goal line. I thought that if it is already in me, well, let's bring it out because I would love to see these particular things realized.

By the way, those are friends of mine in the photo, rebuilding. The eye of Katrina hit steps away from that doorway with a 20 foot storm surge. It's a camp that was originally built in the 1920's, a family gathering place. The bulk of my wetlands paintings come from that land. It is a private reserve adjacent to the Pearl River in Mississippi. The rafters to the sleeping porch were yesterday's project there. I cannot tell you how happy it makes me to see the progress. The destruction was massive. So a little at a time...some resources...and some friends...

So step by 2 minute step. What can you do in 2 minutes? Yes. It is organizing Monday.
3 Most Important Tasks and an armful of 2 minutes. This day ought to be fun.

2 comments:

Parisbreakfasts said...

link...link
I want to find my 2 minutes solution?
link no work

Janice C. Cartier said...

Merci, merci, all better now. :)