Friday, June 6, 2008

The Weekend 30 Minute Challenge

I have work to do.

Drawings to make.

Plenty of refining on my plate.

But wait, there's more.

That 30 Minute challenge a couple of weeks ago was a good thing. Just take two little 30 minutes over the weekend to do something that restores yourself. Now for an artist this seems ironic. What we do is very personal, very much a part of ourselves. It is also a performance. Heart, mind and soul are engaged, and there is technique. So what do we do to replenish? How do we keep ourselves refreshed?
There a few bases that I tag. There is a very appealing show at the Dallas Museum of Art about a couple who lived the creative life. Their friends were Fitzgerald, Cole Porter, Hemingway and Picasso to name a few. You better believe I am heading down there. I reinstated spa when Dave issued the challenge so there is a masque and some slathering coming up. Oh yes, that rejuvenates. And even though I don't drink very much, we have a brand new margarita machine. Smoothies are great for eating more fruit, but last night it was frozen mango Patron margaritas. Double, double yum. I could feel the Vitamin C in action. Well, maybe it was a little of the Patron as well, but we are no longer worrying about scurvy. See the berries above? Hm. On my face or into the machine? What would Sara and Gerald do on the Riviera? I can see the Picasso now, "Strawberry faced woman sipping magarita at a bullfight." So join me this weekend in your own challenge. What will you do to recharge your batteries?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Janice,

That sounds excellent. I wish I could come.

I'm going to Lake Michigan with my family on Saturday. Having a heat wave here.

I like to see the artist in action! The drawing preceeding your painting is cool.

Have a great weekend.

Janice C. Cartier said...

Ellen - That sounds so refreshing. It is hot here too. We had huge winds last night and supposed to get more rain. We are thinking strawberry daqueries tonight. I know girlie drink. We are after more fruit, lots of vitamin C. I have to come over all see you in a sec. :)

Unknown said...

Janice, you are bubbling over with talent. I agree that even though creativity is a passion you still need to recharge. I am a total spa junkie and have all kinds of goodies at home to recreate the experience. Those strawberries made me drool - yum! I really love your work!

Parisbreakfasts said...

I will at last recharge by hooking up the new 'puter on the floor (for many moons) since old one has let me down down down.
Here's to up up and away :)
Your making headway or brushway...ahem

Janice C. Cartier said...

Spa junkie, my kind of friend!!! We have to treat ourselves well. It is so easy to just let the batteries run down in on demand life. Thanks, Karen.

Janice C. Cartier said...

Uh, don't cha hate it when a piece of hardware let's you down. Hope the new hook up is as breathtaking as this morning's painting you did.!

Parisbreakfasts said...

The new sight is wonderful bla bla bla...but
will this one have to go away?
Will it huh?
Spending hours reading here...must must GO TO BED
MIDNIGHT here!!EEK
so personal, a diary..not a website but something so much more.
Thiere's history here.
HUMPH

Janice C. Cartier said...

"so personal, a diary..not a website but something so much more.
Thiere's history here."

I hope others think so too. There IS a lot of rich content here. I am wondering if an editor would think so. ?