Friday, February 22, 2008

Blueberry Tart Study


Click To Bid
We have blueberries. This is a warm up for the third of the three pieces going to Palo Alto. You saw the drawing on Wednesday's studio post. I love the looseness of this little painting. On the larger piece there may be a little more room to put more exact "faces" on each berry, but there is something that is luscious in this easy flow of paint. I may not want to tame it. The pieces are about abundance. They will anchor a baking corner in a newly redone fifties home. So they need to be full of promise, juicy, and ripe with possibilities for all the good things to come from the client and her family. As much as there is a lot of me in the paintings, they are essentially about this family. So when I am painting for them, I think of warmth, generosity and shared joy. No, I don't think that needs taming at all.

5 comments:

Parisbreakfasts said...

Very luscious!
WOW WOW WOW!
Love the drawing too..

Janice C. Cartier said...

Thanks. It was a lot of fun. JC

Anonymous said...

Oooo
Someone is not doing the Ebay Boycott..
Hmmm...she said shaking her finger at naughty girl.

Linda Blondheim said...

This is divine!! I wouldn't change a thing.
Brava!!
Love,
Linda Blondheim
www.lindablondheimartnotes.blogspot.com

Janice C. Cartier said...

THanks Linda. It stays.JC