Friday, February 1, 2008

Naughty Friday Lazy Liquid Lines



Lithography. I am thinking color lithography would be a way to go on these tarts.



This is how a lot of my work begins. Plans.


Here's the under structure for the left side of the Keller library piece. I love to draw. SO I am thinking how to get more drawing from the cakes.



I am seeing these color lines as litho lines, ink on really fine paper... or as monotypes. Well, I spent some intense time with John T. Scott so it is only to be expected...this playing with what if's, riffs on line and color... You have to play to keep it fresh. And lines, lines are language. Keeping them fluid and articulate....well that' s just pleasure.

6 comments:

Parisbreakfasts said...

OH FUN!
Now show us yr "OTHER" notebooks PLZ!!!
Are these for sale too?
Lovely..

Andrea and Kim said...

This is quite lovely. Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful work and your process and thinking. I so much appreciate that! I will definately be back to visit you more.

By-the-way, Happy Birthday a bit late! :)

Janice C. Cartier said...

One must be Notebook worthy...

Kim, thanks for stopping by and for leading me to Karen Jacobs blog... we go back a bit in NOLA so that was neat to find her on your blog.

Andrea and Kim said...

Oh, I am glad you found each other again! I am glad I could help with that reconnection!

Merisi said...

These drawings make me look forward to more! :-)

Janice C. Cartier said...

Hi Merisi!
I love doing these. More on the way.
Thanks again, Kim. JC