Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Studio Wednesday Morning


Zen to done needs a boost. My top 3 MIT's from yesterday are competing with an ugly, ugly virus. That's my immuno-boost smoothie, the Ginger Snapgragons and a couple of strawberries. What I really want is my binkie and total immersion in my bed.

But let's check in: Blueberries, check. Drawing complete on the lovely Moleskine page.

Ginger Snapdragons palette selected, check. The drawing is also done. I'll show you that with a later post. Ginger probably tastes raw umber-y, but I am going to fire up a mixed palette.

"Pink bird on an island", check. Rhythm of composition, painting notes, and thumbnail ( rather large) complete.

Next step? It all goes to the canvas, she says slurping her smoothie...that quilt is looking awfully tempting....Leo, any tips for this? Maybe Flylady...we can do anything for fifteen minutes. Hmm, so today's plan is a hybrid, "the fifteen minutes at a time MIT program"...I like that. Slurp. Slurp. Where's my binkie?

5 comments:

Parisbreakfasts said...

YUM!
Fun blueberry process sketches!
What's this MIT thing..?
Will it get me to the pool on time?
So I don't stand around in my bathing suit all day like yesterday?

OUT OUT Damned virus I say!
Go away from Janice!

Anonymous said...

can't wait to see the Roseate Spoonbill. I knew he turned up for a reason. He wanted his picture made.
Hope you feel better... sometimes it is just one minute following another.
l,N

Janice C. Cartier said...

@ Noie-I am so wanting to paint the Roseate. He is dear to my heart and yours... binkie is winning today, I am afraid. :)
@ PB-That smoothie has pommies in it, but just the juice. I like the b-berry drawing too. Will do first swipe at canvas then hit the sack. Someone told me about this thing called R-E-S-T...hmm, novel approach.
JC

Anonymous said...

What's a Binkie?

Janice C. Cartier said...

binkie-comfort blanket...known to be carried by children until totally tattered and worn. Mine in this case, is a lovely quilt hand done by my mom for my daughter...:) JC