Thursday, October 25, 2007

Strawberry Red


Strawberry red. Luscious. Although it is fall and gris is all in fashion, especially in Paris, this red will do me very well today. I had a moment I wanted to capture. The idea of rich and warm and all good things. More specific? ...well I am working on that. Because dreaming is all very good, but to make dreams real...that calls for a plan. Dreaming is a process, ideas ferment and form, until almost tangible. And dreaming time is necessary. Go take a look at the Skoda cake. Whoever dreamed that up, well, that's my point. At some point the idea is just a little kernel. Proper care and nourishment and sometimes just some rest, these are all necessities to bring it to its best. Then there's execution. You have to have a plan. Ingmar Bergman said he threw ideas, concepts, out as far in the field as he could thrust a spear. Then figured out how to get to it. So I am pondering this juicy red tart, with its own soft glow. It is the beginning of a dream I have. I want to shelter it. Let it grow. Permeate my thoughts. Just as the scent of fresh cream, berries and this sweet cake are wafting up, carrying me along. I'll make it especially juicy, plump and full. Bright and beckoning. And the best of paints and brushes, those I put to work. In my head ideas are flirting, dancing here and there. A little more time. Some bit of attention...I am getting a glimpse, of something warm and wonderful perhaps within my grasp.

4 comments:

Cassoulet Cafe said...

I DETEST gray, especially gray days. Thank you for the RED today! Looks oh-so-good!

Anonymous said...

Wow, these are almost good enough to eat! Love the way you handle the paint.

Jody said...

I like your paintings, the red is indeed very nice today.

Janice C. Cartier said...

Thanks! Merci! Bonjour back to you. JAN